Welcome! I am an Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine. Here is my BCM Profile. I am also a part-time lecturer at Rice University.
My interests are in computational mathematics and physiology, with a focus on the cardiovascular system.
Here is my CV and my google scholar.
My twin brother David is a principal researcher at the University of Chicago. Here is his website.
Publications and preprints
- Computer models for studying interventions used in treating refractory pulmonary hypertension.
S.W. Han, C. Puelz, C.G. Rusin, D.J. Penny, R. Coleman, C.S. Peskin.
- A reduced model for solute transport in compliant blood vessels with arbitrary axial velocity profile.
R. Masri, C. Puelz, B. Riviere.
International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2021.
- A discontinuous Galerkin method for blood flow and solute transport in one dimensional vessel networks.
R. Masri, C. Puelz, B. Riviere.
Communications on Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2021.
- Models for plasma kinetics during simultaneous therapeutic plasma exchange and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
C. Puelz, Z. Danial, J. Marinaro, J.S. Raval, B.E. Griffith, C.S. Peskin.
Mathematical Medicine and Biology, 2021.
- A physiological model of the inflammatory-thermal-pain-cardiovascular interactions during an endotoxin challenge.
A. Dobreva, R. Brady, K. Larripa, C. Puelz, J. Mehlsen, and M. Olufsen.
Journal of Physiology, 599(5), pp. 1459-1485, 2021.
- Mathematical modeling of the impact of recirculation on exchange kinetics in tandem extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and therapeutic plasma exchange.
C. Puelz, J. Marinaro, Y.A. Park, B.E. Griffith, C.S. Peskin, J.S. Raval.
Journal of Clinical Apheresis, 36(1), pp. 6-11, 2021.
- A sharp interface method for an immersed viscoelastic solid.
C. Puelz and B.E. Griffith.
Journal of Computational Physics, 409, 2020.
- A priori error estimates of Adams-Bashforth discontinuous Galerkin methods for scalar nonlinear conservation laws.
C. Puelz and B. Riviere.
Journal of Numerical Mathematics, 26(3), pp. 151-172, 2018.
- A computational study of the Fontan circulation with fenestration or hepatic vein exclusion.
C. Puelz, S. Acosta, B. Riviere, D. Penny, K. Brady, and C.G. Rusin.
Computers in Biology and Medicine, 89, pp. 405-418, 2017.
- Cardiovascular mechanics in the early stages of pulmonary hypertension: a computational study.
S. Acosta, C. Puelz, B. Riviere, D. Penny, K. Brady, and C.G. Rusin.
Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, 16(6), pp. 2093-2112, 2017.
- Convergence of IPDG for coupled time-dependent Navier-Stokes and Darcy equations.
N. Chabaane, V. Girault, C. Puelz, and B. Riviere.
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 324, pp. 25-48, 2017.
- Comparison of reduced models for blood flow using Runge-Kutta discontinuous Galerkin methods.
C. Puelz, B. Riviere, S. Canic, and C.G. Rusin.
Applied Numerical Mathematics, 115, pp. 114-141, 2017.
- Numerical method of characteristics for one-dimensional blood flow.
S. Acosta, C. Puelz, B. Riviere, D. Penny, and C.G. Rusin.
Journal of Computational Physics, 294, pp. 96-109, 2015.
- Spectral approximation for quasiperiodic Jacobi operators.
C. Puelz, M. Embree, and J. Fillman.
Integral Equations and Operator Theory, 82(4), pp. 533-554, 2015.